Saturday, November 7, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies


My favorite cookies are Chocolate Chip Cookies. I've tried DOZENS of recipes in search of finding my favorite homemade version, and while I have a few favorites, I always come back to this one. I did not write this recipe, I got it out of a cook book, although I no longer remember which one! I have made the recipe so many times that I have it memorized.
This recipe is fast, easy and very delicious! The best part is that you don't have to use a mixer of any sort in order to make the dough, it is all done by using a whisk and a spatula! These cookies come in handy when you have surprise guests come over and you have nothing to serve them with! It's always a nice way to end an evening with a sweet snack that takes you back to your childhood!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tbls milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease two baking sheets.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and the sugar until it becomes a creamy paste, then add the vanilla, milk and the egg. Whisk well until it is well combined. Sift in the flour and the baking powder and fold them in until all of the dry ingredients are thoroughly combined into the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate and the walnuts. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out 8 evenly spaced out cooking per sheet and flatten the cooking with your hand. Bake one sheet at a time, rotating the baking sheet once. They need to bake for about 15-17 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment