Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to Simply Recipes by Rachel.

This blog was created to share recipes that I have written, as well as recipes given to me by my family or my friends. I invite you to try the recipes, and if you would like, leave constructive feedback in the comments. If you have a recipe you would like to share, please e-mail me and I would love to test it and post it on my blog.

A few years ago I discovered my passion for cooking and I started writing down the recipes I had grown up with and inserting them into a binder. Today, my binder contains hundreds of recipes I scribbled on a scrap of paper in the midst of a cooking marathon. Many of my recipes are old family recipes. My entire family is Romanian so I cook that style of food most often. What is different about my food is that I have made my recipes fit my lifestyle and my taste based on the Romanian background I have. I use simple ingredients and techniques to get the results that I always strive for: simply delicious food. The recipes that I will post use mostly whole food ingredients and only occasionally a few things from cans or prepared foods. I believe in a varied, healthy diet, using real butter, real cream, eggs, lots of fresh vegetables, and protein from meats, fish, beans, and cheese.

I am thrilled to have started blogging, and I hope my readers will be inspired to try out the recipes I will be sharing! In the next few days, I will begin adding recipes; some with pictures and some without, I will keep you all posted.

And so, the journey begins...

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, Rachel! I, myself have two blogs, and while I'm kept busy in my daily life, this is a fun way to interact with countless experts in countless fields, and forever be amazed at all that's out there.
    You have amazingly delicious recipes, and I can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angie!
    I didn't know you have two blogs?? What is the other one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a blogspot one. If you click on my name above, it'll take you right to it. I don't advertise it as much, as it is more senior care based.

    ReplyDelete